Uncapped Hosting – Fair Use Policy
- SA-Gateway provides reasonable high limit hosting accounts. The Fair Use Policy concerning data traffic however includes that if the data traffic for one single customer becomes so large other customers experience inconvenience, SA-Gateway is obliged to respond by applying traffic shaping on this particular hosting account.
- Illegal content such as pirated software, music or other media are strictly prohibited and are not allowed on SA-Gateway’s servers.
- The service may not be used for video or audio streaming, torrents or any other mass downloading.
- The service may not be used as a offsite backup.
- SA-Gateway reserves the right to terminate or amend the service at any time by giving 30 days notice to the client.
Uncapped Basic – Acceptable Use Policy
The service is offered in speeds of 384, 512, 1024 and 4096 Kbps. The usage is monitored on a rolling 10 day period and does not reset at the beginning of each month. All service options are unshaped. Should usage remain less than 80% of the average, the service will remain unaffected. Should individual usage exceed 80% of the average then the first level of moderation will be implemented, moving the service to a shaped service. Shaping or moderation is implemented via download throttling and user relative priority control will first be applied to all file sharing protocols. Should usage remain above the 80% average threshold, additional shaping will be managed via manipulation of throttling and priority control.
Servers & VPS servers – Acceptable Use Policy
the following services are prohibited on our platform/network:
– gaming servers
– VPN services
– crypto / mining – of any sort.